About Knox Boxes
Knox® Boxes are small metal boxes designed to safely secure entry keys in the event of an emergency. Having a Knox® Box can eliminate the need for forced entry and potential structural damage, and allow a quicker entrance.
The boxes are often mounted in close proximity to an entrance where first responders can access it. The keys to the Knox® Boxes are secured in each of the Township’s emergency vehicles.
Online Ordering Instructions
- Visit knoxbox.com/columbus-oh-msa
- Go to Products/Place Order
- Search for our fire department. The easiest way is to enter Dublin and it appears to fill-in Ohio and 43016. We are Washington Township.
- Select either Commercial Knox Products or Residential Use Only- Homeboxes. We recommend the 3200 series box with the hinged door. Your options for commercial boxes are color, recessed or surface mount, and with or without the tamper switch (that can be connected to your security system). Your options for residential boxes are surface or door hanger mount. The residential boxes are antique white.
- Add your desired product to the cart.
- Add the installation address details.
- Submit for eApproval.
- If you have not yet set up an online account with Knox, you will be asked to do so at the time.
- Once a submission is complete, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your request.
- Monitor you email.
- Once the authorizing department has approved your submission, you will receive another email with an approved shopping cart link.
- Click the link in your email and follow the online instructions to complete the purchase.
- Alternatively, if your request is denied by the authorizing department, you will receive an email from them with further instructions.