Washington Township offers outstanding benefits to full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, sick days, vacation and holidays, and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, the township welcomes volunteers to assist at their annual fire station open house. Take pride in your community and make new friends by taking an active role in the growth and service of the township.
Washington Township is dedicated to the well-being, health and safety of its employees, their families and the community. Our vision is based on the ideals of community pride, cohesion, caring and wellness as well as our shared core values, which are:
- Partnerships that improve the quality and efficiency of our services
- Respect for all people
- Integrity that is born from high ethical standards and honesty
- Dedication to our core mission of public safety and wellness
- Excellence every day, in all we do
Current Township Opportunities
There are currently no full time vacancies.
We continuously accept applications for part time firefighters. To be considered for a part time firefighter position, when a position is available, follow these steps:
- Review the Part-time firefighter job description.
- Complete and submit the Township’s employment application. Submit the application to Catherine Grossman at 6200 Eiterman Road, Dublin Ohio 43016 or email it in .pdf format to email@example.com.
- Schedule and complete a test through the National Testing Network, Inc. You may take the test prior to earning your Ohio 240 Fire Card or EMT Basic card, but you will be required to have earned both prior to being appointed to a part time firefighter position. Before taking the test, review the information on this site about the testing process and take advantage of the practice tests. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays. Once your test is completed, your scores will be automatically sent to Washington Township. Candidates who earn a passing score on the exam will be placed on the department’s eligibility list. Washington Township will invite those who are eligible to participate in other stages of the selection process.
Questions? Call HR Manager Catherine Grossman at (614) 652-3942.
**Only part-time Washington Township firefighters are eligible to apply for full-time firefighter positions. The Township only promotes part-time firefighters to the position of full-time firefighter. To be considered for full-time employment, part-time firefighters must be in good standing and have a current Paramedic certification.
In accordance with federal and state laws, Washington Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, handicap, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex or age. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Township will make all reasonable accommodations for the disabled to participate in employment, programs and facilities.
For more information, contact the Human Resources office at 6200 Eiterman Road, or call (614) 652-3942, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7 a.m and 4 p.m., or email.
Enjoy the rewards of volunteering at Washington Township. Make friends and share your expertise and talents. Assist with programs, special events, or clerical duties. Individuals, families, and special interest or service groups are welcome for one-time, periodic, or on-going experiences. Volunteering can be fun and rewarding!