Founded in 1809, Washington Township contains 27.5 square miles in northwest Franklin County, southwestern Delaware County and eastern Union County. The entire City of Dublin is located within the Township. The Township is part of the greater Columbus metropolitan area.
The Township is comprised of over 48,000 residents and is home to the PGA Memorial Tournament. Several large businesses also are within the Township including Cardinal Health, Ashland Chemical, OCLC, and Wendy’s International.
Washington Township is governed by an elected board of trustees and an elected fiscal officer. Day-to-day operations are managed by a trustee-appointed professional administrator and professional fire chief.
- Receives nearly 6,000 calls annually – 75 percent are EMS calls.
- Conducts nearly 2,000 fire code compliance inspections annually.
- Maintains four fire stations located at 6255 Shier Rings Road, 4497 Hard Road,
5825 Brand Road and 5750 Blazer Parkway, and an administration and fire training facility at 6200 Eiterman Road.
- Employs 141 professional firefighters (including full- and part-time).
Fast Facts on Washington Township:
- 89 percent of our full time firefighters are certified paramedics.
- One of only 10 accredited fire departments in Ohio and one of only 196 in the world.
- Average response time is 5 1/2 minutes or less- significantly lower than the national average.
- We protect $5.6 billion in real estate assets in Dublin and unincorporated areas.