scenic view of creek

The Application for Zoning Certificate is required for:

    • New construction
    • Addition to existing construction


The Application for Zoning Amendment is required for:

  • Requests to change current usage of a parcel in the unincorporated area.

The Appeal or Variance Request Application is required for:

  • Administrative Review – to appeal a violation.
  • Variance – to request a variance when the geographic conditions of the land are such that compliance to the Zoning Resolution would create a hardship.
  • Conditional Use – to request authority for a specific use within the zoning category.

The Affirmation of No Need of Zoning Compliance form is required for:

  • House remodel that does not increase its square footage.
  • Construction of an accessory farm building for agricultural purposes.
  • Construction of a deck that is attached to an existing house.

The Franklin County Floodplain Permit Application is required for:

  • All new construction on a floodplain, regardless of use (residential, industrial, or agricultural)
  • Before zoning compliance can be issued
Print Friendly, PDF & Email